Sunday, September 27, 2009

monkey business

Through the grapevine my husband heard that a coworker was looking for a bakery that would do a custom cake for his son's 1st birthday. Knowing that finding a bakery that will do a custom cake for a reasonable price is hard to find, I offered to do it for him. They gave me a reference to what they'd like and I did my own little take on it.
The cake is a yellow cake with chocolate buttercream filling and crumb coating. To match the glaze on the ear doughnuts I did a chocolate ganache on the face topped with a cut out layer of fondant for the bottom half. The nose is jellybeans and the little poky hairs at the top are black licorice jimmies. The eyes are colored fondant. I was super pleased with how this cake turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment