Wednesday, August 12, 2009

it's snowing in the kitchen!


I've been in the kitchen a lot lately. I finally found the perfect fudge brownie! It took a lot of tries and a lot of tampering with the ingredient levels but I think I finally can rest. Whew.

I decided to make a mess of my kitchen by doing cookies that are covered in powdered sugar. I made what most people know as wedding cookies. Pecan shortbread with powdered sugar on the outside. Mmmhmm. I also made chocolate fudge crackles. The crackles were a pain because the dough has to chill and it's hard to tell when they're done but they are worth the effort. I had to sample a few (a proper baker always samples the finished product, right?) and since it was pretty late at night I was on a sugar high when I should have been sleeping. Note to self, cookies are not a bed time snack.

Excuse the exceptionally poor photos, the lighting isn't the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment