Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tips and Tools Tuesday: Prep bowl with lid


Pyrex has changed my life. I don't actually bake with any pyrex but I love LOVE LOVE my pyrex prep bowls. I bought a set at Walmart and for the life of me I can't find them online but here's a set so you can see the difference in size. I have the smallest size.
I love these so much because they're the perfect size for a prep bowl and for small storage. My favorite use of them is for separating eggs. I use two bowls, one for the whites and one for the yolks and whichever half I'm not using I just put a lid on it, label and throw it in the fridge for later use. I also have found them super useful for mixing small amounts of frosting that I wanted to color. For everyday use we love using prep bowls for snacks (pretzels, craisins) because the size limits our intake.

Since they're pyrex, they'll never break. They actually nest ok and they're microwave and dishwasher safe. The best part though? The lid is so snug that I could fill it with water and hold it upside down. It does make it a little bit more difficult to open but I'd rather have a tight lid than being able to open it with one finger. They're really affordable too. I got 4 bowls for under $9.

No comments:

Post a Comment