Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Birthday Cakes!

Long story short, I was going through my 'baked goods' folder on flickr and fell in love again with some of the cakes I've done. Consider this a "best of" list. Post for wedding cakes to follow.

The inside

The outside. Seriously probably one of the coolest cakes I've done. I think I might do it again for the baby's birthday.
This is marshmallow fondant and the black was hand painted with watered down coloring gel.


Seeing how it's for my sister, I'm 99.8% sure this cake was lemon.



One of my husbands coworkers asked if I could make this cake. Apparently his wife had tried twice and failed miserably both times. I'm not positive of the cake flavor but it's covered in chocolate ganache and the mouth and eyes are marshmallow fondant.

This really isn't a birthday cake, it was a just for fun cake. Every year my sister does a christmas wrapping party where you just sit around, gab and wrap your christmas presents. I'm fairly sure the cake was chocolate. I do remember it being way too much cake.
I made this for someones 60th birthday, I believe. The cake was lemon and there was a smaller one that was stacked on top. It's hard to tell in the photo but it's a subtle ombre effect in the color, maybe a little too subtle.

For her 4th birthday my niece asked me to make her a Frozen cake. Specifically an Anna cake. I remember my mom making us barbie birthday cakes growing up and we LOVED them. Unfortunately, someone in our family had some pretty serious medical issues around the same time as the party so I didn't get to dedicate as much time as I wanted to in decorating it. The cake was vanilla, vanilla frosting with some strawberry preserves in the layers. The cake itself was dyed BRIGHT PINK (upon request, of course). Funny story, at her party we had to go around cake eating time and the birthday girl asked if she could give my baby a kiss before we left. So sweet, right? So I held the baby down to her level and right as she planted the sweetest kiss on his cheek, he grabbed a fist full of her pink cake right off of her plate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment