Monday, November 2, 2009

I ain't afraid of no ghost

My sisters friend was having a birthday party and asked that I do his birthday cake. They wanted a spice cake with cream cheese frosting and they wanted it decorated in a ghost busters theme. I thought that the logo with the white ghost and red crossing sign was a little played out and decided to go for the Stay Puft marshmallow guy. I must confess, not only am I not a ghost buster fan but I hardly remember seeing the movies but the giant stay puft guy tromping down the city is the one scene I do remember. While doing this cake I learned that cream cheese frosting is not easy to decorate with because it's so heavy so I kept the actual frosting decorations to a minimum. I did a layer of white frosting and then did the blue so I could take the blue frosting down and a little bit of white would show through to had some depth to the sky. I googled ghost buster quotes and around the side I wrote "We Came, We Saw, We Kicked It's Butt (ok, or maybe a more inappropriate word)". The actual marshmallow man is made out of marshmallow fondant which I thought was a little whitty. From what I heard the cake was a hit and the party goers were more than happy to demolish the rest of the city scape.



No comments:

Post a Comment