Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tips and Tools Tuesday: Cupcake Courier

There are so many products and tips that I want to share and today I decided that I need to share one of my most favorite baking related presents I've received. Just in time for christmas, folks, I introduce you to the Cupcake Courier.
Cupcakes are annoying because they're small and top heavy, not to mention delicate. Finally you can safely transport cupcakes and can bring enough for the entire party. The cupcake courier comes with 3 shelves that each hold a dozen cupcakes. The shelves fit together and are secured with little plastic pieces in each corner. Overall the shelves are incredibly stable.

Not a big cupcake person? The best part is that the shelves can be removed and the base can be used as a cake courier! The base is wide enough to fit a 10" round cake. The cover snaps on at 4 places and I've never worried about the snaps coming undone while carrying it around. It's super easy to clean although I wouldn't trust it in the dishwasher.

My cupcake courier was purchased online through ebay (my husband wanted a particular color) and during shipping some of the plastic pieces in the corners that secure the tray had broken off. We received credit for the product and just decided to keep it, even with the broken pieces it still functions beautifully. I've seen them at a few TJ MAXX's here and there but other then that I have no idea where else to find them locally.
The only downfall is that it does take a lot of shelving space. Check the width and height to make sure that you have space for it. I do love the cupcake courier though and was more than happy to find a home for it in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment