Wednesday, October 8, 2014

More completed projects

I made this shirt earlier this week. With a v neck shirt I wasn't sure where to place the whale so I went for the side. When viewing the picture I took I realized that I put a whale on my muffin top, how appropriate and funny. I traced the whale image in my cameo software and the geometric print was downloaded offline. I layered the two pieces of freezer paper and I think that is why there was so much bleeding. Lesson learned, I'm sure I could have easily layered the two images in the software. I'm thinking about adding a 2nd whale but sometimes simplicity is best.

I have 2 smaller totes of outgrown clothes and the collection started because of this sweater. I'm not sure why he bought it but the husband wanted to get rid of the sweater because it was too big. I had been reading craft blogs and saw posts on making pillows out of old sweaters so I stashed it away. While unpacking after the move (many many years later) I came across the totes and the sweater. Saying that the sweater was too big was an understatement. I think it was XXXL. Either way, I knew it belonged in the nursery so I hacked it up, threw on a side zipper and made a quick pillow out of muslin and stuffing.

We've been quilling for a few years. It was an inexpensive hobby and something to fill our time. I wanted to make something for the nursery and after viewing a few quilling samples online, I wanted to make it more intricate than anything else I've made before. Below is the result. It's like a weird sample of every quilling shape possible. I don't love it but it will do. I reviewed pictures of quilled gifts I've made and well, I think I've improved. If you were so *ahem* lucky enough to receive one of these and actually display it, please let me know so I can have the chance at a do over.


No comments:

Post a Comment