Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Imperfection

I would hate to present the image that everything I do turns out well so I'm proud to share some of my recent failures. This is a shirt I thought of; get it....Utah..beehive..all things bee. I had intended to put the name of our furniture blog on it but it turned out so crappy that I don't want to associate the two. The paint bled under the freezer paper and getting a bright color on top of a dark color was also a poor decision. I was able to touch it up that it's not an outright embarrassment but yeah, a few lessons learned on this one. 

While visiting a friend he presented a box of baby clothes to go through. It was odd because he has no kids but once I got to it, I noticed that it was all 80's clothing. Sweeeet! As a form of payment I offered to make him cupcakes. Wanting to try something new and knowing that he loves coffee, I fiddled with my chocolate cake recipe and replace the water with espresso. Obviously something went wrong. I was using a new setting on the oven, I overfilled the cups and I think that the coffee messed up the chemistry of the batter. As if it's not annoying enough to toss out 2 dozen cupcakes but I also had to scrape the overflow off the cupcake tins. Today I made a recipe specifically for coffee cupcakes and they turned out lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment