Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The pinterest trap

Before attempting to make cupcakes for a friend (see below), I had pinned a recipe for lemon pull apart bread that looked AMAZING. I decided to give it a go. First I nearly left out the eggs which means that I added them later in the game and while it wasn't a deal killer, it was pretty annoying. Secondly, I didn't roll out the dough thin enough. I have a habit of going too thin and making life difficult for myself so I went the opposite direction. I feared that the pieces were too thick and would be dry so I decided not to give it to the friend, I have a reputation to protect after all. I "sampled" the loaf and it really wasn't bad. In fact I had to toss it in order to keep myself from "sampling" the entire thing. It is quite pretty and doesn't taste bad but I just don't think it's worth all the effort.
http://www.barbarabakes.com/2012/10/lemon-pull-apart-bread-a-giveaway/


It was the husbands birthday this week. His favorite thing is breakfast, french toast specifically. There is a french bakery downtown that makes the most amazing cinnamon bread but I didn't want to bother with it since it was around Halloween and all so I decided that I would bake some myself. Bread is a huge pain in the butt. Mixing it is nothing but I started at 6:15pm and didn't pull the loaf out of the oven until 9:30pm and that was with a cheat in the rising process! It turned out well, it was beautiful and tasty but didn't touch the bread from the bakery. Wahhh wahhhh. If you're in the mood to spend the day watching bread rise, this might be a good recipe for you.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/08/homemade-cinnamon-bread/

No comments:

Post a Comment