Thursday, December 3, 2009

Say wha? Grasshopper Brownies?!?

I've been thinking about it and you know what's missing from The Bumbling Bee's menu? Snickerdoodles. Who doesn't love a good snickerdoodle? Problem is, good snickerdoodles aren't as easy as I thought. Yesterday I baked a batch and they turned out like giant flat pancakes. The taste wasn't right either, it was more like a sugar cookie with a touch of cinnamon....close to a snickerdoodle but definitely not right. I've found that the best way to come up with a good recipe is to research other recipes to help troubleshoot your own. I think I might have worked something out so I'll be making even more snickerdoodles today, here's to high hopes!

I knew it was a long shot but I checked epicurious to see what they had to offer. I've used the website for dinner ideas but never used any of their baking recipes. As usual, I got distracted on their website and came across these little lovelies.

I looooove grasshopper cookies but I love brownies even more so I think this might be bad news for me! I don't think they'll work out for the bakery (maybe a tweaked version for a special..) but they would be a great addition to anyones cookie tray. Especially if that cookie tray ends up in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment