Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What to do with left over lemon curd




When it comes to making treats for my family I've been feeling a bit.. lazy.. and uninspired. I opened my fridge to see what came to mind and I saw some left over lemon curd. I read a lot of food blogs and look at a lot of recipes and when I saw the lemon curd I instantly remembered that I saw a recipe for lemon curd brioche rolls. I'm not very comfortable when it comes to bread and doughs so I thought it would be nice to challenge myself. The dough was far too wet for mixing by hand so I was so very grateful for my bosch. You make the dough the day before and roll and bake the next day so it was perfect for Christmas because I wasn't spending hours in the kitchen. The result? Deeeelicious. I may or may not have eaten 2 of these for lunch on Christmas. And then ate another 1 1/2 later that night.

This was my first time making anything even brioche inspired so I was pleased with the results. They do take a bit of patience, work and time so I don't think they will be an everyday thing but next time I have some extra lemon curd hanging around it will be hard to deny myself.

Recipe and some great pictures here: http://carolinesbakeshop.blogspot.com/2009/04/lemon-brioche-rolls.html

Up top is a lousy picture of my own. But! Good news! For Christmas my sister gave my a light cube so my horribly lighted pictures will be a thing of the past. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment