Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tips and Tools Tuesday: IKEA FLÄCKIG

Oh no! Days before christmas and you still have shopping to do! What is a poor soul to do? Here's a suggestion, head to IKEA. Not only is IKEA affordable but it's massive, you're bound to find SOMETHING for someone. I love modern design so I usually spend a lot of time at IKEA but you'll be surprised with the little gems you'll find in the kitchen area downstairs. I can't speak for the pots and pans but some of the kitchen gadgets are a find. They might not be made to last long enough to pass on to your children after you die but they're good enough and cheap enough to try out and see how it goes.

Anyway, the whole reason behind this post? These guys!
Don't ask me how to say the name, it's a mystery to me too. These bowls are really the best purchase I've ever made at IKEA which is saying a lot because I spend a lot of money at IKEA. You get both bowls for $4! Hello! You don't find a deal like this every day. Ok, well.. yeah you can, at IKEA. I know, you can find cheap mixing bowls at the dollar store and whatnot but they're not of this quality. These bowls are microwave, freezer, dishwasher safe. The bottom half of the bowl is grippy silicone so mixing is a lot easier. The side handle and pouring lip make them PERFECT for pouring batter. Did I mention that you get both bowls for $4?

I picked a set up while randomly shopping one day and then purposely made a trip back to IKEA to buy more. I have 4 now, 2 small and 2 large and they still nest perfectly. I have noticed that when I make brownies in them that the dishwasher doesn't get them 100% clean but I don't mind washing a single bowl by hand. Now, don't get me wrong, if you're out hunting for a gift for your wife, do not give her a stack of these bowls and expect her to die of happiness. They're great but no one wants a stack of bowls for Christmas. But, since they're so cheap you can go buy that cookbook she's been eying or a gift certificate to a cooking class.

And, a nice little bonus to loving IKEA, if you use your debit card when you checkout and you get a percentage back in a mini gift certificate on the bottom of your receipt. It's a small percentage, 3% if I remember correctly, but if you save up your receipts the amount can add up. Plus, it's free money! It only applies to debit cards, not credit so make sure to put in your pin!

No comments:

Post a Comment